Tuesday 9 October 2012

Conversations and personal ads in the Midterm Exam


Conversations in the Midterm Exam

Two students will have a conversation based on the prompts provided.  The conversations do not have to be the same as the ones in the book, but should be similar.

Here are some examples:

A shopping conversation like the one on page 134.
A: What are you looking for, name?
B: running shoes.
B: No, too heavy.
B: Too big.


A shopping conversation like the one on page 136-137.
A: May I help you?
B: I'm looking for a pair of jeans.
A: design?
B: Skinny leg.
B: Too loose
A: $30.00


A food conversation like the one on page 146
Main Dish 1:  Spaghetti good, too spicy
Main Dish 2:  Steak Okay, too chewy
Next Time: Chicken salad
Appetizer:  Seafood soup (해물탕)
very spicy
a little sour
soft, round things
shrimp - a little sweet


A restaurant conversation like the one on page 148.
Order a chicken burger and cider
What size?
Large
cheese sticks?
Yes, large order
------
Personal Ads in the Midterm Exam:

Choose one of these people and explain why:

Women ISO men:
1) Janice
SWF, 19YO, ns, sd ISO SM Age 19-21, NS, sd as friends-with-benefits

I am fun and honest, but messy.
I like dancing, concerts and going to the beach.
I want a good dancer and swimmer.
----
2) Kelly
SF, 20YO, ND, NS ISO SKM Age 21~, ND for LTR

I am serious and quiet.
I like reading and going to movies.
I want a man who likes quiet evenings.
----
3) Nancy
SKF 20 YO ISO SM

I am fun and active but also responsible and  strict
I like being outdoors and hiking and seeing movies and visiting temples and historic sites.
A good date would be hiking up a nearby mountain and having a picnic.
----
4)Emily
SF 25 YO ISO M, 22-27 YO, SD

I am hardworking and practical but also fun and sociable
I like getting out of the house: going outdoors or to parties and events.
I want a man who likes hiking and swimming but also nightclubs and dancing.
----
5) Jackie
SF, 19YO ISO SM

I am quiet but fun.  I sleep a lot and am never on time.
I like to travel and do things, but only in the afternoon, because I sleep late in the morning.
----
6) Anne
SF 19YO ISO SM

I am talkative and serious.  I work and lot and am always on time.
I like to meet people at coffee shops and talk.
I want a man who will be on time and call me Anne, not Jackie.
--------------------

--------------------
Men ISO Women

7) John
SM, S, SD, 22 YO, just out of army, ISO SF under 22YO to have fun with

I am active, funny and fun.
I finished my military service so I want to relax and not be serious.
I like to go to night clubs and to movies.
----
8) Dave
SKM NS, ND, 20 YO, ISO SF, ND

I am generous and honest but messy
I like playing computer and phone games.  I love my Galaxy Tab.
I would like to go to movies and PC rooms.
----
9) Greg
SWM ISO SKF, 20-24 YO

I am sociable and talkative but inactive.
I like to chat at coffee shops and in class.
A good date would be a bus tour and visits to coffee shops.
----
10) Paul
SM S, SD ISO SF

I am active and friendly but messy.
I like hiking, swimming, cycling and reading.
I would like to find someone to travel with and explore.

11) James
SM ISO F
I am friendly and honest.
I will start military service next week so I want to have fun this week!
A good date would be a romantic one!

No comments:

Post a Comment